All three days of this hike through the glorious Myanmar countryside will be between 4-5 hours. In the course of your hike you will on occasion feel as if you have moved back in time as you visit the unspoiled villages of the indigenous tribal people. Take the chance to lose yourself in the ways of the local Pa-Oh hill tribe while drinking in the magnificent splendor of the surrounding Shan Hills.
The detailed program
Day 1 : Kalaw – ThaYet Pu – War Gyi Myaung Village
After an early breakfast in Kalaw, transfer by (1 hour) car to Tha Yet Pu, a Pa-Oh tribal village and set off on a 1 hour hike to the Danu tribe village of Kan Par Ni. Along the way, you will see evidence of the staple produce of the area. Spend around an hour at the village meeting locals and watching traditional craftsmen. A further 1-hour hike will take you to another village where you will enjoy lunch and continue with a light hike to your overnight destination. War Gyi Myaung. If you still have energy, you can cross the paddy fields and climb the small nearby hill to enjoy a dramatic panoramic view of Inle Lake shimmering in the sun.
Lunch and dinner in local village..
Overnight stay in a home-stay or monastery.
Day 2: War Gyi Myaung Village – Tha Yet Myaung
This morning, enjoy breakfast at your host family’s house and observe the morning activities of the village. Then, it’s time to set off on another great day of hiking. A 2-hour hike brings you to the village of Taung Boe Hla where you will have the chance to look around a small monastery. From here, you will pass through a lush forest and cross streams by bamboo bridges to reach the village of Sale Kyit where you will stop for lunch. A 2-hour hike this afternoon will take you to your overnight destination of Tha Yet Myaung. This quiet village is a relaxing place to spend the evening.
Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner in a local village.
Overnight stay in a home-stay or monastery.
Day 3 : Tha Yet Myaung – Indein
For your last day of trekking, set off early for a 4.5 hour hike to Indein. As you walk, you will pass many of the ubiquitous cheroot leaf plantations that litter the region. You will also walk through several villages of both the Inthar and the Pa-Oh tribes–two of the larger ethnic groups in the Inle region. Early this afternoon you will reach Indein, one of the most amazing sites around the shore of the lake consisting of hundreds of small stupas which are overrun by moss and greenery. After a look around Indein, a boat will be waiting to transfer you to your hotel. If you wish, you may stop at the magnificent Phaung Daw Oo Pagoda on the way.
Breakfast in a village house.
Picnic lunch en route. Dinner on your own.
Overnight stay at Inle Lake.
- Accommodation in a simple home-stay or monastery (Sheets, pillows, mattresses, and mosquito nets are provided)
- Bottled water during the hike
- Meals as mentioned in the program (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Activities and sight-seeing as mentioned in the program
- Local hiking guide
- Ground transportation with an air-conditioned vehicle (where available) with drivers on touring days
- Entrance fees for visits mentioned in the program (except camera fees)
- Drinking water and moist towelettes on touring days
- English-speaking guide
- International airfare
- Domestic airfare with neither Air Bagan, Air Mandalay, Yangon Airways, Asian Wings, Golden Myanmar Airlines, Air KBZ, nor Man Yadarnarpon Airlines
- Visa fee for Myanmar
- Tour options (quoted separately)
- Transfer for dinners if meals are not included in the itinerary.
- Drinks during meals
- Travel insurance
- Personal expenses (souvenirs, laundry, etc.)
- Peak season surcharges (Myanmar Water Festival, Christmas, New Year, etc.)
- Christmas and New Year compulsory dinner supplement (TBA at time of booking)
- Early check-in and late checkout from the hotel
- Tips for guides, drivers, and other suppliers
- Any other services/items not mentioned in inclusions
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN:
Découvrez en 14 jours les plus belles richesses de la Birmanie, des temples majestueux de Bagan au train circulaire à Yangon, en passant par les surprenants marché flottants du Lac Inle et les magnifiques paysages de Pindaya.
Explore the quintessential Myanmar in a breath-taking tour of this stunning country. Starting in Yangon with its dramatic pagodas and bustling markets we will make our next stop in Bagan, surrounded by awe-inspiring plains.
Activities are varied, ensuring no one gets bored, and include educational opportunities and cultural exchanges presented in a fun, entertaining way. Keeping in mind the needs of the little ones, we have minimized travel time and selected kid-friendly hotels and restaurants.